Tuesday, April 22, 2008

There's no stopping this!



Standing in the bathtub, standing in the crib, standing on everything! Not that I want to stop Taylor from learning new things, but now she is standing everywhere. It's been hard on bedtime, especially. Usually I can put her in her crib and she will fall asleep. Well, it's kind of hard to fall asleep when you stand up and try to look out the window. Last night- or technically this morning- at 3:30 am I had to get up and nurse her back to sleep- something I haven't had to do in a while- because she woke up, decided to stand up in her crib, and then cried because she wasn't falling back asleep. It's cute but at 3:30 in the morning... well, I could do without the cuteness at that hour! But since she is so cute, I have to take pictures. Here are some funny photos from her bath tonight.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee, Hee! Wait till your little olympic champion
starts to walk.

Anonymous said...

I have no life advice, sorry. But I would like you to start wearing a washcloth on your head.

. said...

Welcome to the club! ("Nancy" is right!)

I've found that every milestone is anticipated with excitement until the day after the new feat has been accomplished.

You want to see them walk, and when they finally do you spend the rest of the time wishing they were still rolling around on the floor where you left them.

Then you can't wait to hear them talk, but soon you can't get them to stop. Then they are pointing and talking about people in public and saying "naughty words" during quiet time at church. ( I have some experience with this....trust me.)

:-)

marisalea said...

I love that little body!

Anonymous said...

Just enjoy every new accomplishment and each new phase..."Sometimes I will ask the moon where it shined upon you last, and shake my head and laugh and say, it all went by so fast..."

Niki said...

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do once they've started standing. Because as soon as you put them down, they get right back up again. I have had to cut my bath time in half for Emma, so that by the time she remembers she can stand on the side of the tub, we're done. As for night time, my best advice is if she wakes up, go in and lay her back down, say good night, and leave it at that. If she cries and you can handle it, than let her fall back asleep on her own. Eventually she will learn that she has to get herself back to sleep and it will teach her to self sooth. It's what has worked for us. Good luck!