Sunday, April 6, 2008

Firsts

This weekend I gave Taylor her first ponytail... I think it makes her look so grown-up and it makes me a little sad how fast she is growing. She will be one in a few months. How is that possible? It seems like just yesterday we took this picture. I was 39 weeks pregnant and Taylor came 13 days later.


This afternoon Joel went to pick Taylor up from her nap and he called down to me, "Annie! She's standing in her crib!" so I ran up the stairs to see her. Sure enough, there she was standing up in her crib. I don't think she knew how to sit back down! She also bonked her head on something and got her first bad bruise on her right temple. Last week at daycare she started saying, "Bye!" when someone is leaving and "Uh-oh" when she drops something. AND her top 2 teeth are coming in. Where did my tiny little baby go?







9 comments:

kelsey said...

Just wait until you have more. It'll seem like you never even had a baby at all! It's so fun to watch them grow and learn, but so sad too. Bittersweet. Bittersweet.

Anonymous said...

I sure whish I was there to
kiss Taylor's boo-boo. She
looks so cute with her new
hair style. Growing with the
speed of light. It so much fun
to look back, Annie, at the time
line you have created of Taylor.

Anonymous said...

Annie,
What other kinds of food is Taylor
eating? Does she use a cup?

Annie M. said...

Nancy- I wish we were closer too... all the time I think that and how nice it would be to live closer to her grandparents. She is eating the gerber graduates foods that they have- like cereal bites, dried fruit, etc. and I have given her mandarine oranges, pretzels, tiny pieces of chicken cut up, and a few other things. She doesn't drink from a cup yet. I tried to get her to drink out of her sippy, but it gagged her. I think it came out too fast.

Anonymous said...

Annie~ i love her little ponytail. it makes me sad that they grow up so fast. don't blink... i miss you guys. ~ megan

Anonymous said...

Pregnant you is smoking cute.

Anonymous said...

CUTE! She reminds me of Pebbles from the Flinstones.
Don't worry....Hayden's first coffee table incident included him splitting his nose open.

Marrian said...

It's so fun to see your updates. Your little girl is adorable!!!

The King Family said...

The firsts of motherhood. Yes, it is so bittersweet. It is so fun to watch them grown and learn new things but so emotional too. She is darling! Just like her mother.