Joel works at Whole Foods and normally goes into work at 4 am, but since he is out of school for fall break this week and to get the store ready for all of the Thanksgiving shoppers he is working from 2 am-10 am. He gets up and leaves our house by 1:30 in the morning, the brave soul that he is. He called me yesterday morning as he was leaving work and told me that on his way into work he hit a deer! Of course, I was thinking, "AND YOU STILL WENT TO WORK!?? AND YOU DIDN'T CALL ME? ARE YOU OK?" Apparently when he got off the freeway he saw the deer in the road, slammed on his brakes (he said his tires were smoking) and heard the thud of the deer hitting his car. At first he thought that his car was going to be totaled but the only evidence of damage is a hoof mark on his bumper! I guess the deer jumped out of the way and kicked his car! I am just thankful that he is OK and that the car didn't get totaled!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The folks in Vermont are glad
Joel is ok, it sounds like he
had somebody up above watching
out for him. The last time I hit
a deer it was like running into
a cement wall.
Yikes! I can't believe the car is okay!
Post a Comment