Monday, December 8, 2008

Taylor loves spaghetti.... and her new potty... and my piano

So it's been a while since I've updated my blog and quite a few things have happened. My sister announced to the world that she's pregnant. Well, actually, her husband hacked onto her blog and put up a baby ticker and sort of announced it for her. I'm SOOO excited!! Her little munchkin is due in May! I can't wait to meet the little one. She and Nathan (her husband) moved to Vermont in June, so lucky her, my mom is doing all of her prenatal care and will deliver her baby too!! My mom works about an hour away from our house, so hopefully they can make it to the hospital long before the baby comes. Hopefully her labor won't hit as hard and fast as mine did and she'll have some warning and time to prepare!!

Joel is graduating in like a week and a half. He's been done with school for a while, but the actual ceremony is on December 20th. I'm so proud of him and everything that he has worked to accomplish. He has been getting up at 3 AM to work at Whole Foods for almost 5 years now so that he could work while he was attending school. I am so thankful to have married such a hard-worker. My parents are flying out for his graduation next Friday. I'm so excited to see them I can barely stand it.

And Taylor... my goodness... she learns and changes and amazes me every day. I can hardly believe what I hear come out of her mouth sometimes. I have to remind myself that she's only 17-months-old. 3 weeks ago she and Joel and I were at Target and she spontaneously counted to 7! She has been saying more and more of her alphabet every day and she is even recognizing letter and numbers. She is such a precocious little one. I pray all the time that I can be the mother that she needs me to be- that I can help her learn and reach her full potential because she is one very special, smart little girl. She points to things and asks me ALL the time, "What's that?" and I'll tell her what the object is and then she'll repeat me. And she remembers EVERYTHING. Here's an example of our conversations. She pointed at the moon one night and asked, "What's that?" I said, "The moon! Isn't it pretty?" And she asked, "The moon?" And I said, "Yes, the moon." Now whenever we're outside and she sees the moon she points it out to me. One of my favorite things is that she tells me that she loves me now. It's so cute. She'll just spontaneously say, "I love you momma!" It melts my heart. We bought her a potty the other day, not that I expect her to potty train right now or anything, but I figure the sooner we introduce the concept of the toilet the better off we'll be, right? So she loves it. Now every time she sees it she says, "Potty. Poo Poo. Pee Pee." Not that she's actually used it yet, but hey, it's a start. And boy is she ever a ham. A ham with a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of energy. Just ask anyone who is in my ward (church congregation). She doesn't sit still. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother going to church because all we do is chase her around. We constantly have to try to find ways to channel her energy. Joel brought colored pencils and paper and books to try to make it through sacrament meeting. And still she managed to escape and run about 1/2 way up to the front of the chapel. The girl doesn't walk anywhere. If she's going anywhere, she's running. It's a challenge sometimes to try to keep up with her! I had to laugh because one of my friends just had her 4th baby (and 3 of them are 3 and under) and she was sitting across from me. I asked her if she needed any help since her husband has to sit in the front (he's the bishop) and she was like, "I think I'm OK." Well, she had better control over her 4 kids than I did over my 1. Hmmm. AND I even had my husband's help!! Emily, I need lessons from you!!!!!!! Anyway to the good stuff- here are a few new pictures from the last couple days.







Examining the potty. She stripped down to "use" it so I had to make the picture modest. Yes, my job makes me paranoid of psycho perverts... I can't help it. And no, we don't keep it in our kitchen. It's in a bathroom. She just couldn't wait to get it out of the box when we brought it home from the store, so that's where it was when I took the pictures.


rocking out on the piano...

8 comments:

marisalea said...

About time! Geeze! I am so glad that Taylor is growing up to be so great. I wish you were coming for Christmas, but you'd better be making moving plans by summer!

Niki said...

Annie, I love the little bathing suit you super imposed over Taylor...way to be modest!!! She is getting so big and she is just so beautiful. Don't feel bad about Sacrament meeting. We feel the same way about Aidan and Emma. When Taylor is in nursery it won't seem so bad. We chase Emma EVERYWHERE during sacrament meeting...Aidan is getting better now that he is three, most of it is age :)

Emily said...

She is getting so grown up, I can't believe she is doing letters and numbers. She is brilliant! I love that I get to see her weekly. Your an amazing mom, but I hear you on the whole feeling inadequate thing. It is a HUGE responsibility. And about church, we may have made it through sacrament mtg okay, but the part you don't know is that we were 2 hours late for church. Yes 2 whole hours. So no, I have no advice for you :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I sat through a sacrament meeting from the time Bryan was born until Marisa was Primary age. If I tried to get you kids to sit still and behave in church at a young age you would just make noise by crying and wanting to be free. Eventually you learned.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you next week. I can't wait to see that little girl!

Peggy said...

Annie - you are just the cutest! I can just see you chasing after Taylor at church - I should make you some file folder games for christmas - they might keep her entertained... for like 15 seconds!
Peg

Megan said...

Annie~ I swear that girl gets cuter every time you post (and she started out simply adorable). We all pray that we can be the best mommies to the ones we get. All part of the plan right? As far as sacrament meeting goes... Nothing, I have nothing for you. Time. It doesn't help at all that you have sacrament last. Another month she will be in nursery and then maybe she will be so tired out from all that playing she will sleep the last hour. The activity folders are a good idea. We have a "special" bag with puzzles and books that are ONLY for sacrament. Other than that just remember we have all been there. I can't believe she is almost 1 1/2. I have been gone too long. Miss seeing you guys. Hopefully we can come and visit soon. ~M

Heide said...

Annie,
Thanks for the stories and pics! Taylor is so cute! Every time I read about her, I have to remind myself not to compare her to Asher! :)

The King Family said...

Thanks for sharing, I love it! She's a little spunk, isn't she?