Friday, January 1, 2010

Our beautiful baby boy!






Well, I'm pregnant no longer! We welcomed our beautiful Jacob David into this world on December 30th at 4:49 PM after 19 long and intense hours of labor... surprising since my labor with Taylor was only 8 hours long. He weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and was 21" long. No wonder I felt his feet in my ribs all the time! He's a tall boy! He's here and he's healthy and we're all in love. Giving birth is definitely the most challenging, exhausting, hardest yet rewarding and empowering experience- EVER. Jacob is nursing like a pro and is doing really well. I'm too tired to post more now but I wanted to let everyone know that he's here!

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations Annie, Joel, and Taylor and a big shout out to your Mom and Dad. Jacob is beautiful.
Rest up, Mom, job well done!

kelsey said...

Oh CONGRATS!!! He is just so, well, perfect! Seriously. Just beautiful. And congrats on making the '09 taxes;) Sorry the labor wasn't so hot, but it's over and now you have this precious little guy joining your beautiful family. Congrats again.

Marrian said...

Congrats! Way to go!
I love his name!

Niki said...

YEAH!!!!!!! I am SO happy he is here! AND, you had him in 2009...tax deduction :) Seriously, though, congratulations. I have been checking your blog daily to see if you had your baby...and a boy, too. I thought it was a boy. I am so happy for you, Joel, and Taylor. She is going to be a wonderful big sister. Holy cow about the 19 hours of labor. I was in labor with Aidan for about that long...congrats again, he is GORGEOUS!!!

Emily said...

He is so dang gorgeous. I love him. I can't wait to meet him. I hope Taylor just breezes through adjusting to the new babe :)

eliana said...

I'm glad everything went well. He's super cute already. Good luck!

Apple Pie said...

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! What a happy addition to your family! We love boys! Kudos for enduring the long labor! We love you!

Tara said...

Congrats.. he's beautiful!

MBC said...

Congratulations!!

jendalyn said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you--he's beautiful.

marisalea said...

I thought he looked like me and Annabelle in the picture you sent, but now I think he's all Joel. He looks like an Asian baby!

Nancy said...

Yes, this set of pictures do look like Joel, the pictures that Joel sent, looked different. Hope all is going well.

Torri P said...

Annie!!!! CONGRATS!! He is adorable!

Melinda said...

YAY!!! Congrats my lop-ster friend!!! He is so handsome! I hope that everyone is doing well and that you're getting some much-deserved rest!!

Hal said...

Congratulations!! Jacob sounds like a wonderful baby boy. He looks so healthy and robust.

Amparo said...

Congrats, Annie! Super cute baby, he looks so much like Joel. I hope your feeling well. Take care and call me if you need anything.