Monday, June 22, 2009

Yes, my eggo is...



PREGGO!! I'm around 13 weeks now- and depending on who you listen to (the ultrasound tech or my doctor) I'm due somewhere around December 28th- January 1. I've been sick and tired and everything that comes along with being pregnant but I'm still SO excited to welcome a new little person into our family. It's tough trying to balance work and take care of everything at home while puking my guts up but, hey, I get a baby in the end to snuggle and kiss so it's all worth it!! Taylor will be such a good big sister and a sibling is just what she needs, I think!! Joel and I are excited, happy, thrilled, elated and a little nervous. Is adding #2 like 80000 times harder than adding #1???? Do tell.

16 comments:

kelsey said...

Oh I am SO HAPPY for you! That is just so great. As for adding number 2, well, I thought it was easier...easier than what I was expecting. There were rough times still, juggling a newborn and a attention needing toddler (I just never felt I got to hold Reganne as much) but because it's your second go around, you're a pro at the baby stuff. Oh, I am just so excited for you!

Anna said...

Congrats again! Hope the feeling icky part goes away soon. I don't know from experience, but I've heard friends say that having the second is easier than the first, mostly because you know what to expect this time around, and you've got the older sibling who helps with the entertaining of the younger one. Good luck!!

MBC said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting and I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO excited for you. I just thought the other day when I saw Taylor was almost 2 the time is coming... She will be wonderful and what a blessing to be able to add to your family. I agree with Kelsey. #2 is so much easier. You know some things. You are less nervous and more confident. (it's #3 that throws you off). Hope you get feeling better and this baby decides to be born on it's due date. Congrats again~ Megan

Niki said...

My mouth fell open when I clicked on your blog and saw those wonderful ultrasound pictures!!!! I am just SO happy for you!!!!!! Yes, #2 is a challenge, but with Taylor being over two when the new baby is born, it won't be so bad. She will love to be your little helper! She'll be old enough to understand a little of what is going on, and as long as she feels involved, she'll be great! Oh, Annie, I am so happy for you, really! Are you going to find out what you're having?

Amy said...

Hurray! Having #2 is only 5000 times easier than having #1. Seriously. #1 changes your life, kills your body, needs constant entertainment . . . #2 will seem so easy in comparison! Yea for your cute little family!

eliana said...

Amy is right. I wonder why it seemed so hard to just have one kid now that there are two around. I think you just get used to things and then get more harder stuff.
I am ridiculously excited for you girl wonder! I hope you feel some more energy pulsing through you soon instead of the Life Sucking of the first trimester. Yippee!

Marrian said...

Congrats, Annie!!!! I'm excited fo you.

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

Congrats Annie! For me the 2nd is easier than the first, but having the 3rd was a challenge.

Emily said...

Yeah Annie! Did someone already say #2 is a breeze? I didn't read all of those comments. You are a pro, you'll have no problem handling 2. ( But just skip #3, and move right to #4 :) 3 is way too hard.

Kevin and Emily said...

Congrats Annie! I am SO EXCITED for you. Hope you get feeling better soon. You will love having two kiddos around. (=

Heide said...

annie,
i totally disagree with everyone else. having #2 is really really really hard. really hard. we'll talk in detail later.

Mom said...

Annie, I think that whether having #2 is hard or not depends on several things...the nature of the baby and your life situation to name two. For me,having David was easier, but David was just all around an easier baby than Bryan was. Also, I had to go back to work when Bryan was 5 weeks old, which was very hard for me, physically and emotionally. When I had David, I was not working outside of home. That made a huge difference because I didn't have to juggle all the feeding, naps, etc. with getting a baby and toddler out the door and to day care. I know you will not have that choice and I think you can expect it to be hard, but I know you will be compensated by the joy of having the new baby, just as you have been with Taylor.

Mom said...

Annie, I think that whether having #2 is hard or not depends on several things...the nature of the baby and your life situation to name two. For me,having David was easier, but David was just all around an easier baby than Bryan was. Also, I had to go back to work when Bryan was 5 weeks old, which was very hard for me, physically and emotionally. When I had David, I was not working outside of home. That made a huge difference because I didn't have to juggle all the feeding, naps, etc. with getting a baby and toddler out the door and to day care. I know you will not have that choice and I think you can expect it to be hard, but I know you will be compensated by the joy of having the new baby, just as you have been with Taylor.

Anonymous said...

Annie, I think that whether having #2 is hard or not depends on several things...the nature of the baby and your life situation to name two. For me,having David was easier, but David was just all around an easier baby than Bryan was. Also, I had to go back to work when Bryan was 5 weeks old, which was very hard for me, physically and emotionally. When I had David, I was not working outside of home. That made a huge difference because I didn't have to juggle all the feeding, naps, etc. with getting a baby and toddler out the door and to day care. I know you will not have that choice and I think you can expect it to be hard, but I know you will be compensated by the joy of having the new baby, just as you have been with Taylor. Mom

Mom said...

I did not mean to post this three times! It kept telling me that it couldn't post it so I did it again...!