Tuesday, February 24, 2009

For all you moms out there...

One of my friends posted this on her Facebook page and I quite enjoyed it- not that any of my friends without kids would ever be so ingnorant! (Click on the image to enlarge it.)


8 comments:

. said...

Oh, that's GOOOD!

Thanks for sharing.

kelsey said...

I LOVE THIS! Thanks for posting it. It helps me, as the "mom" understand myself why I am so busy and so tired all the time!

Amparo said...

She hit it on the spot!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her answer!! Anything you do takes at least twice as long with little kids along. That is not to say it is drudgery, but it does take time and energy. When I was staying with Daniel and Rachelle, when Rachelle was so sick with Jordan's pregnancy, I took Keith with me to the grocery store one day. He was then about 22 months old. I had a lot of shopping to do, but under normal circumstances it would have taken me an hour or so. It took me two hours, mostly because Keith was so curious and didn't want to stay in the cart. Also, I never wanted to let him out of arm's reach because he was so absolutely beautiful that I was afraid someone would steal him. When we were in the checkout line, he reached up to me and said "Grandma, I'm too heavy!" So I picked him up and carried him through the checkout and to the car. It was a sweet and memorable trip...but certainly not efficient time use in the eyes of someone who doesn't know what it is like to have a curious toddler along on errands.

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so smart. I dont' mind kid life usually but it is the constantly being alert that wears me out...that and the lame games.

Niki said...

I loved that article!!!!

Amy said...

I love that last line about how a true friend would try to understand, so keep your snit to yourself. So applicable in so many situations!