10 of the reasons I love my dad and think he's the best dad in the whole wide world:
1. He loves my mom. He is always thinking of her and tries to do little things to make her happy. When they moved to their house on the lake he even took up running- even though he always hated running- because he worried about her running alone on the dirt roads early in the morning. Now that's love.
2. He loves all of his kids even when we do stupid things. My dad wasn't one of those dads who never tells his kids he loves them. Nope- there was no doubt in any of our minds how much our dad loved us. He was the dad who got up with us in the middle of the night. When we were babies and my mom was nursing, he would get up, change our diapers, and bring us into our mom to nurse. He was and still is a very involved dad. One time I accidentally filled my mom's brand new car up with kerosene instead of gas.... he came home from work and spent like 9 hours fixing the car. I would have yelled at me if I had been the parent but no, he didn't yell. He said, "Well, Annie, I have a whole book of stupid things I have done in my life. This is just one of your chapters." Now that's love.
3. He can fix anything. ANYTHING!!!
4. He pretty much knows everything.
5. He's one of the most compassionate and thoughtful people I know. I have lots of stories of his compassion but I don't want to embarrass him because...
6. He's humble
7. He is never lazy. EVER. He's always busy working on something- a project around the house, work, church callings....
8. He's the best grandpa on the planet and his grand kids ADORE him.
9. He's the stake patriarch of our stake in Vermont so he will get to give all of his grand kids their patriarchal blessings! I love it!
10. He constantly improves himself and is such a wonderful example to me on how I want to live my life.
I love my dad and am so thankful to have been blessed to have him as my dad! Happy Father's day!!!!!! (A few days late!)


2 comments:
Seeing as I have had personal experience knowing your father myself, I would have to agree that he is a great person, and a great dad!
I love our daddy! Living with him just makes me love him more and more.
Post a Comment